Thursday, September 18, 2008

Virginia

So here’s the deal. When Stacy and I decided I would come back to VA we both agreed that we would not tell anyone and I could just surprise everyone with my wonderful presence. (You can stop laughing now.) Well, you know the best laid plans never work and I ended up missing the party that I planned to “surprise” everyone at. The worst part? I haven’t had a chance to see any of my friends. I really wanted a day to hang out but we have been running and running like there is no tomorrow.
We did manage to tear up some carpet at the house and pack a few more loose-end boxes. We have Stacy out on terminal leave, paperwork submitted to V.A., paperwork for tricare… Basically all the stuff military people normally do every couple of years but we never did in our 17 years together in the Navy because we never transferred. After packing up 17 years worth of “stuff” can’t decide if that is a good thing or not.
I still don’t know when I am leaving. Plans keep changing every day. Initially I was supposed to be gone by this past Tuesday but obviously that didn’t happen.
I just take a deep breath and know that I can’t control everything.

3 comments:

La Abuela said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TiaNanny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
moonsyner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.