Saturday, August 30, 2008

Flying Sucks!!!!

Flew to Ohio Friday. What a pain. Not only the usual crud that goes with flying but it was also a holiday so the planes were packed.

Started with the very first plane where I was stuck in the middle. One of the engines sensors went off because of overheating so we pulled back into the gate for 45 minutes. We, of course, were not allowed off the plane. Got to Houston and that was delayed because they had overbooked and were trying to bargin with people to give up seats. We also sat on the runway awaiting our turn for 40 minutes.
I sat next to a really great guy who went on and on about how to use the system, about his job as a loan officer and how he doesnt care about anyones sob stories, about how rich he is, about how he is a God fearing man, about how he is tired of homeless, wellfare and all the rest sucking up good air. I am assuming he is more worthy of "good air" than all us regular folk. I tried to play oppossom but he just turned to the next person and kept going.
Then we get to Nashville and we are so late that they are holding planes. Yep. Mine was one of them. I sprinted to the next packed flight only to be glared at by passengers. That flight I found out that doctors are paid to go sit in hospitals with approching hurricanes. This lady's brother was getting paid $11,000.00 to be there Friday pm to Sunday am.
Got to Ohio only 30 minutes late and I had all my luggage so its not all bad.

Now I just need a day for the headache, stomachache, and other unmentionable ailments to go away.

No comments: