Thursday, August 28, 2008

We're Here!!!

We finally made it. Don't know how we would have done it without our wonderful Gel Group. They pretty much stepped in and took over and got us packed and loaded on the truck. I think both Stacy and I were pretending to be ostriches with our head in the sand kind of thing.

So we are here in Texas.

MMMM…..

With everything that was happening I pretty much decided that everything was going to get better when we finally got here. Of course it didn’t magically turn out sunshine and rainbows…. Mom is still sick, house still needs to be fixed, we still need to find a place to stay, Stacy is still retiring at the end of September so he is still thousands of miles away.

I woke up the other day and kinda had this “oh crap!” moment (just for you Mary!). When I realized that my life did not settle or fix itself and that I just had to deal with the stuff that has been happening. You know, that is never fun. I cried, I prayed, I shopped – well wishful shopping anyway. You know, when you go into a store and put a whole bunch of things in your cart and then after an hour of wandering you go back and put things back where you got them. I then did the smart thing and started writing down all the things that were bothering me. It’s amazing how little they become when you look at them a different way.

2 comments:

Mary Kitts said...

TJ and girls - I miss you SOO much!! Wish you were still here! Glad you started this Blog so I can keep up with what is going on with you guys!

Thanks for the "oh crap" moment! I loved it! :) No matter where you are physically, you are always right here in my thoughts and heart!

Love ya!

moonsyner said...

Miss you too!

I am glad that my "oh crap" moments endear me to you. Thats why we are such great friends!