Sunday, August 31, 2008

World is tilted....

So I am here at Moms. She is doing okay. No pain just weakness. She is fine as long as she is sitting but when she gets up and moves around she becomes exhausted.
Mom has always been the type of person that does everything herself. She does not ask or wait for it to be done for her. Until now that is. She has not lifted a finger when I cook or clean up from meals. It has been several weeks since I have cooked so I am actually enjoying myself but it is still a little disconcerting.
The other thing that is weird is that I am up before she is. I just dont know what to do with myself. She was probably up in the middle of the night and that is why she is sleeping now but it is still very unusual.

The girls are doing okay. Tonie is very verbal about how she feels. Alisa does not acknowledge it. Amazing what opposites they are. Stacy and I often comment about how one is like him and the other is like me... Does that mean Stacy and I are that different from each other? It doesn't seam so to me because I feel so connected to him. You know the normal marriage stuff where you know what the other is thinking or going to say kind of thing. But there is more too. Even thousands of miles away I can pick up the phone to call him and he is calling me. Or I will go thru this thought process and come to a conclusion that I think is way off from where I started only to discuss it with Stacy and he is right there with me.
If I use this logic with the girls then I guess I can not worry so much about their bickering and nitpicking with each other. Then again I am a Mom and I don't think I could let that go.

No comments: